Yesterday I spent the day binding a book. It took about 12 hours – first attempt at a multi section fully bound book.
I found the fabric at the mill down the road for £2 a metre. I saw it and thought it would make a great book cover. Its a rather stiff cotton print – so well suited to being a book cover.
The guide book to making this book was rather confusing and I’ll be finding another at the university library to help with the next project (which I start asap – got the brief today).
If anyone is interested I’ll write up a how-to bookbind in this style. Its simple once you work out what the book is trying to say/describe.